Within the framework of their mission and tasks, the agencies referred to in this title contribute in co-operation within the policy area and coordinated by the Flemish Government and the department to:
- the complete conversion and application of international and European environment law and of the agreements of cooperation with the other regions;
- the communication strategy and planning for the policy area, including raising public awareness and providing information;
- the realisation of a broad social basis of support for their mission and the stimulation of social participation;
- coordinated target group policy for the policy area;
- the development of optimally integrated instruments for environmental policy;
- the determining of the information requirements, the integrated collection of data and information and integrated information management;
- the integrated control of the scientific research.