Order concerning the spread of the environmental information
Order of the Flemish Government of 28 october 2005 concerning the spread of the environmental information
The environmental information already available in electronic form and the environmental information collected since 14 February 2003 is spread electronically among the population according to the provisions of article 2 up to and including 6.
The environmental information is gradually made available in electronic databases that are easily accessible by the population through public telecommunication networks.
Artikel 2. Translation not available
Article 3. The Flemish administration makes electronically known where, in accordance with the decree of 26 March 2004 concerning the public nature of administration, information concerning licences which can have important consequences for the environment, the environmental covenants, the environmental impact statements, the safety reports and other risk assessments can be requested or found.
The provinces ensure that at least the following environmental information is electronically made available:
- the texts of provincial regulations;
- the provincial policy correspondence and the declarations of policy;
- the approved provincial plans and programmes;
- the progress reports relating to the implementation of the subjects mentioned in point 1° up to and including 3°;
- the provincial environmental and nature reports;
- information or summaries of information originating from the monitoring of activities that have or probably will have consequences for the environment, that are collected by or on behalf of the province or managed for the province.
The municipalities ensure that at least the following environmental information is electronically made available:
- the texts of municipal regulations;
- the approved municipal plans and programmes;
- the progress reports relating to the implementation of the subjects mentioned in points 1° and 2°;
- the municipal environmental and nature reports;
- information or summaries of information originating from the monitoring of activities that have or probably will have consequences for the environment, that are collected by or on behalf of the municipality or managed for the municipality.
Article 6. The other environmental authorities within the Flemish Region and the Flemish Community ensure that at least the texts of the regulations relating to the environment and the approved plans and programmes relating to the environment are electronically made available to the extent the information is not made available electronically by other authorities.
Article 7. With an immediate threat to public health or the environment originating due to human activities or as a result of natural causes, the environmental authorities ensure that all useful information of which they dispose or that is managed for them is immediately distributed. Here no specific obligations ensuing from the application of other regulations may be prejudiced. Useful information in this case is understood as information to allow the public who will probably be affected to take measures to prevent or to reduce damage resulting from the threat.
Article 8. Translation not available